Monday, November 9th, 2015
I assign my students many things and expect them to do a good job. Most of the things I assign them, I have already done and so I do not really participate with them. There is a project that I assign each year that I really love. I ask my students to change the world! That is a pretty tall order. It is amazing to see what they come up with. One year we all participated in a school-wide effort to tell each student that they mattered #youmatter It was a really great experience and I spent a great deal of time working with them to make their plans become reality. It was a wonderful experience.
This year I have decided to embark on my own project to change the world. I was really inspired by a speech I heard given by a professor who has devoted his life to helping others. To rescuing. He made a decision to help people when he can and to prepare himself to be ready to help. I thought that sounded like something I could do. I am going to give that some thought and see how I can come up with a plan to help people in an effort to change the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment