Sunday, November 8, 2015

Changing the world...one student at a time.

I have done this project for a few years now. I ask my students to think about some way they can change the world. I was so surprised last year when I had a difficult time trying to convince two students that they could have an impact on the world. They were not easy to convince. In years past, all my students totally bought into it and felt they could do something that would change the world, not these two. It really threw me. They were both pretty good students with talents in many areas. They seemed to have supportive families and bright futures, but they were not convinced they could do anything that would change the world. It took a lot of work to show them that whatever they did, whatever direction they decided to go, just being in the world made an impact. It made me really think about hope and the feeling that we are part of something bigger. I do believe that every child, every person, every man and woman has an impact on the world. What will yours be?

No comments:

Post a Comment